Dark Void™ is a sci-fi action-adventure game that combines an adrenaline-fueled blend of aerial and ground-pounding combat. Set in a parallel universe called "The Void", players take on the role of Will, a pilot dropped into incredible circumstances within the mysterious Void. This unlikely hero soon finds himself swept into a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors. Trapped in the Void, these resistance fighters are battling to hold off a mysterious alien race that plans to threaten Earth.
Dark Void’s unique combination of jet pack-booster aerial dog fighting and third-person combat brings a thrilling new gameplay dynamic to the third-person shooter experience. Taking 3D action to a whole new level, Dark Void’s unique vertical combat system allows players to dangle from thousand foot drops as they take cover and hurl enemies to their doom, bringing a whole new sense of tension and thrill to the player. Will is also equipped with a powerful rocket pack which allows for fierce in-air combat, hurtling through the Void at blistering speeds while shooting down anything that gets in his path.
- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally unique third-person shooter experience
- Will’s jetpack delivers total freedom of movement allowing players to race against UFOs in high-speed chases and rain death from above onto unsuspecting otherworldly foes
- Speed and scale unmatched by any other action title: send Will zipping through tight corridors and then out into immense canyons and futuristic geoscapes
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down
- Seemless transition between jetpack flight, ship-to-ship dog fighting and third-person shoot-em-up action all exists within the same level – not broken up into different "areas"
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming maneuvers to defeat
- Developed by Airtight Studios, a new group featuring team members from the Crimson Skies series of video games
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Processor: Intel 2.4Ghz or AMD 2.0Ghz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 7900 or Radeon HD 3850 series
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c / Shader 3.0
- Hard Drive: 10 GB free
- Sound: DirectSound Compatible