About This Content
Designed to replace the old T-33 trainer, the Northrop T-38 Talon is a high-altitude, twin-engined jet trainer capable of supersonic flight. During a decade in production from 1961, 1,187 T-38s were built and many thousands of fighter pilots made their first supersonic flights in the aircraft.
Developed by MilViz, the T-38A for FSX: Steam Edition comes complete with accurate buffet sounds and vibrations, a highly tuned flight model and a highly-detailed cockpit. Details such as the translucent gear handle are included, and if the gear fails to extend, you’re able to pull the alternate gear handle just as in the real jet and let gravity do its job!
The T-38A includes two flight manuals, a quick start manual for those who just want to ‘kick the tyres and light the fires’ and a comprehensive Pilot’s Operating Handbook, over 240 pages in length, based closely on the real-world T-38A manual. It is also complete with actual performance charts, real-world normal and emergency procedures, plus exhaustive descriptions and operations of the cockpit avionics and equipment.Features
- Flight dynamics by Bernt Stolle with extensive testing by two T-38 pilots
- Realistic startup and shutdowns
- Realistic systems and avionics
- Fully adjustable (dimmable) night lighting
- Exterior model manager to show/hide various elements
- High quality sound set, including startups with two types of huffers and shutdown
- High quality external and internal models
- Highly detailed product operating handbook included
Please note, the .dll files included in this add-on may be misidentified as a threat by some anti-virus systems. If you experience any problems, please adjust your AV settings to allow installation.
- OS: Windows® 7 or later
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz or higher (single core)
- Memory: 2 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX®9 compliant video card or greater, 256 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher (Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required)
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer features