About This Content
One of Germany’s earliest and most important railway routes between Berlin and Wittenberg is now available for Train Simulator.
The origins of the route were established in 1840 by the Berlin-Anhalt Railway Company, who constructed a railway line between Berlin and Köthen, via Jüterborg and Dessau. The Berlin-Anhalt Railway Company was considered to be one of the most important railway companies in Germany and one of the first long-distance railways in the country.
The route regularly carried at least 30 long-distance passenger trains in each direction daily, and was a major intersection for services running between Germany’s major cities and Eastern European countries, including the Czech Republic and Austria. During the GDR era, traffic on the route increased significantly as much freight was then carried by rail.
The 115km (71 mile) route from Berlin Hbf to Wittenberg for Train Simulator, developed by Aerosoft, also features the unopened extension to Berlin Brandenburg Airport, Line S25 from Teltow to Potsdamer Platz, and sections of the North-South S-Bahn Tunnel in Berlin.
Many of Berlin’s popular attractions also feature prominently, alongside freight lines at Lutherstadt Wittenberg Ost, Niedergörsdorf, Jüterbog and Luckenwalde, Rangierszenarien freight depot, the Container depot at Großbeeren and locomotive depot at Lutherstadt Wittenberg.Scenarios
Ten Scenarios For the Route:
- Introducing the Route
- Home Run
- Morning Rush Hour
- Carrying Airline Passengers
- Carrying Airline Passengers Back
- ICE Storm
- Shunting in Großbeeren
- Containers for Berlin
- Journey with Obstacles
- Night Train
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- 115km (71 mile) route from Berlin Hbf to Wittenberg
- Line S25 from Teltow to Potsdamer Platz
- North-South S-Bahn Tunnel in Berlin
- Berlin Brandenburg Airport line extension
- Freight lines at Lutherstadt Wittenberg Ost, Niedergörsdorf, Jüterbog and Luckenwalde
- Großbeeren container depot
- Lutherstadt Wittenberg locomotive depot
- Scenarios for the route
- Download size: 1,529 mb
- OS: Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos