About This Content
The Robinson O4 is a workhorse from the days of British steam, and you can now drive this faithful old ‘kettle’ in Train Simulator, with scenarios specially created for the Woodhead Line.
The O4 has its origins in the Great Central Railway Class 8K 2-8-0 steam locomotive, of which the London and North Eastern Railway (LNER) acquired more than 300 examples under the grouping process between 1923 and 1927. Using the 8K as a basis, John G. Robinson developed the O4 utilising a super-heated boiler and larger cylinders and valve gear, then adding a front pony truck to carry the extra weight. Used for hauling heavy freight trains, the O4s proved their capabilities and 92 were requisitioned for war work in the Middle East in 1941, with many more 300 remaining in service in the UK until final withdrawal of the class in 1966.
The O4 for Train Simulator is highly-detailed with realistic sounds and controls including operating cylinder cocks – just watch out for the clouds of steam!Key Features
- Robinson O4 steam locomotive in British Railways black livery with lion-and-wheel emblem
- 4 scenarios for the Woodhead Line
- Quick Drive compatible
Check out additional Robinson O4 routes on the Steam Workshop!
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos