About This Content
This DLC is only available to purchase in the USA.
One of the very first modern cowl-bodied diesel locomotives built for the North American market, the EMD F45, is now available for Train Simulator.
Built by General Motors’ Electro-Motive Division between 1968 and 1971, the F45 was essentially an SD45 wrapped in the distinguishable full-width Cowl carbody, which afforded better protection for the diesel engine and made it easier to service for crews.
The first F45 was delivered in June 1968 by Santa Fe, who ordered a total of 40 models. Subsequent orders were received from Great Northern (14) and Burlington Northern (32), with all locomotives in the Class entering service by the end of 1971.
Most of the Class have now been scrapped or in operation with smaller Class 2 and Class 3 railroads in the US.
The EMD F45 for Train Simulator is available in Burlington Northern livery and features dynamic braking, cab lights and associated freight wagons.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Burlington Northern F45 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Marias Pass route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Four scenarios for the Marias Pass route:
- Training: BN F45 Engineer Training – Simple Controls
- Training: BN F45 Engineer Training – Expert Controls
- A Return to Glory Days
- Long Distance Runner
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- EMD F45 in Burlington Northern livery
- Dynamic braking
- Cab lights
- Associated freight wagons
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Marias Pass route
- Download size: 153mb
- OS: Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos