About This Content
The Class 156 DMU, also known as a Super Sprinter, was built from 1987 to 1989 by Metro-Cammell as part of the effort to replace the ageing fleet of first-generation DMUs dating back to the 1950s. The Class 156s were all built as two-car sets, each set comprising a pair of driving motor units. Powered by 6-cylinder diesel engines, Super Sprinters are rated to run at 75mph and are used mainly for suburban and short-haul branch line duties. All units have now passed from British Rail ownership into private hands, and are currently in operation with a number of train operators including Scotrail, Northern Rail, East Midlands Trains, and National Express East Anglia.
**Please note that the Class 156 cannot be controlled using the in-game HUD driver interface or Xbox controller.Updated Features
- Projecting exterior headlights for low light visibility
- Cab night lighting (activated using Shift + L)
- QuickDrive Compatible
- Advance Warning System (AWS) self-test routine.
- Fully functional destination blind (operates during game-play).
- Westinghouse notched brake system.
- Animated cab accessories such as windows, sun blinds and arm rest.
- Fully functional wheel slip protection (WSP) with realistic speedo fluctuations.
- High quality audio with stereo cab sound effects.
- Semi-functional “compressor speed up” feature.
- Realistic cab night lighting effects.
- Driver to guard buzzer.
- Drivers Reminder Application (DRA).
- 6 liveries:Regional Railways, Express, CT, ONE, Northern and Scotrail.
Scenarios for the Great Western Main Line route, East Coast Main Line (Newcastle to York) route and Test Trak route:
- Northern in the South
- Norwich Knowledge
- Where should they go?
- Sprinting the ECML
- Shunt move
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos