About This Content
The seven-car BR 411 ‘ICE-T’ was the first tilting train to enter service on the German railway network, and now joins the stable of ICE trains for Train Simulator.
The ICE-T was developed by Siemens in parallel with the ICE 3 and ICE TD in the early 1990s, designed to operate on lines previously served by slower loco-hauled InterCity (IC) and InterRegio (IR) trains, and traditional EMUs.
Assigned the project name ‘IC T’, with the ‘T’ standing for ‘Triebzug’ (multiple unit), the ICE-T shared many common components with the ICE 3. However, a number of exterior differences distinguish the two trainsets, including a remodelled nose profile and Italian-built tilting bogies.
The ICE-T first entered service in 1994 and has capacity for 372 passengers. Although it is slower than its sister units with a top speed of 230km/h (140mph), the trainset’s tilt angle of eight degrees enables it to negotiate the upgraded German railway lines with ease.
The DB 411 ‘ICE-T’ for Train Simulator is available in Deutsche Bahn red and white livery and features scripted tilting technology, improved passenger view and lighting, AFB speed control, SIFA driver vigilance system, and PZB and LZB signalling systems.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the DB BR 411 ‘ICE-T’ on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Three scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- Training: Driving the ICE-T
- DB ICE-T Replacement Train
- DB ICE-T Snowy Winter’s Day
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- BR 411 ‘ICE-T’ in Deutsche Bahn red and white livery
- Scripted tilting technology
- Improved passenger view and lighting
- AFB speed control
- SIFA driver vigilance system
- PZB and LZB signalling systems.
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route
- Download size: 189mb
- OS: Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos