About This Content
The superbly detailed EWS Class 66 V2.0 is now available for Train Simulator.
When British Rail’s freight operations were privatised in 1996, EWS brought most of BR’s freight operations, including many locomotives that were unreliable or at the end of their useful life. EWS approached General Motors to seek replacements for the ageing fleet, which saw the Class 66 enter service in 1998. The model was a replacement for the Class 59, from which it used the same body shell but was updated with new internal fittings, control systems, 3,000hp engines and power units. More than 440 models were built, and seeing their success as part of the EWS fleet, many heavy freight companies ordered their own models, including Freightliner, Direct Rail Services and EWS.
The EWS Class 66 V2.0 for Train Simulator is a re-worked model of a previous version, with an updated and improved interior and re-modelled exterior. Available in EWS livery, the model features accurate brake control and centre-sprung brake lever, accurate engine and horn sounds, JGA aggregate hopper wagons and OTA timber wagons.
The model also comes as Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive it on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the West Coast Main Line North route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Three scenarios for the West Coast Main Line North route:
- Hoppers for Hunterston
- Leaving Law
- Timber Treatment
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- Re-worked Class 66 in EWS livery
- Improved cab interior
- New exterior
- Accurate brake control and centre-sprung brake lever
- Accurate engine and horn sounds
- JGA aggregate hopper wagons
- OTA timber wagons
- Scenarios for the West Coast Main Line North route
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 71mb
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos