About This Content
Considered to be one of the most reliable and trouble-free EMUs of the Mk3 family, the Class 321 is a popular commuter train operated by a number of companies across the UK, and now available for Train Simulator in First Capital Connect livery.
Based on the British Rail Mk3 body shape, the Class 321 EMU was originally built for the Network Southeast sector by BREL York between 1998 and 1991. Three sub-classes were built, the 321/3 and 321/4 for Network Southeast, and the 321/9 for services around the Leeds area.
In total, 117 four-car train sets were built with a top speed of 100mph (161km/h), powered by AC 25kV overhead electric via a pantograph fitted to the PMSO vehicle. The design of these train sets was also considered so successful that it led to the development of the similar Class 320 and Class 322.
Following privatization of the British rail network, the Class 321s were transferred to a number of operators, including London Midland, Greater Anglia, Northern Rail and First Capital Connect; 13 remain in traffic with FCC.
The Class 321 EMU for Train Simulator is available in First Capital Connect livery and features passenger view, cab and instrument lighting, and a full four-car consist, comprising of DTCO, PMSO, TSO and DTSO passenger vehicles.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the First Capital Connect Class 321 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Four scenarios for the East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough route:
- Training: FCC Class 321 – Simple Controls
- Training: FCC Class 321 – Expert Controls
- Capital Connect
- Suburban Storms
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- Class 321 in First Capital Connect livery
- Cab and instrument lighting
- Passenger view
- Four-car consist, including DTCO, PMSO, TSO and DTSO vehicles
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough route
- Download size: 166mb
- OS: Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos