About This Content
The ‘bodysnatching’ Class 57/0 in Freightliner livery is now available for Train Simulator.
The Class 57/0 was introduced as a rebuilt version of the redundant Class 47, and externally both classes look the same. Internally, the Class 57/0 received a refurbished General Motors engine, reconditioned alternator, and their performance and reliability was vastly improved. This was considered to be a much more cost effective way to replace the Class 47 than to introduce a new class of diesel locomotive altogether.
An initial order for six Class 57/0s from Freightliner in 1997 saw the ‘Bodysnatchers’ employed on heavy haulage freight services, including intermodal trains, and further orders steadily increased the company’s fleet. Although not at first, later models of the Class 57/0 were fitted with an electric train supply (ETS), making them attractive acquisitions for passenger companies such as Virgin and First Great Western.
The Class 57/0 for Train Simulator, developed by Oovee Entertainment, is available in Freightliner livery and features illuminating dial and cab lights, train length system, working roof fans, dynamic exhaust smoke, Driver’s Vigilance Device, Advisory Notification System, and scenery assets including temporary speed restriction boards, emergency indicator boards and temporary AWS magnets.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Freightliner Class 57/0 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Edinburgh to Glasgow route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Three scenarios for the Edinburgh-Glasgow route:
- Morning Containment
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- Class 57/0 in Freightliner livery
- Quick Drive compatible
- Fully working cab
- Fully illuminating cab, dial and train lights
- FEA-B container wagons
- Scenery assets including temporary speed restriction boards and AWS magnets, and railway maintenance vehicles
- Scenarios for the Edinburgh-Glasgow route
- Download size: 241mb
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos