About This Content
The heavyweight of UK freight is coming! The updated General Motors built Freightliner Class 66 V2.0 ‘Shed’ is now available for Train Simulator, with scenarios for the Edinburgh-Glasgow route.
The Class 66 was introduced to the UK in 1998 as a replacement to the popular Class 59, using the same body shell as its forerunner but with updated power units, internal fittings, new computer control systems, radial steering bogies and 3,000hp engines. In total, 446 of the Class were built, quickly making the Class 66 the diesel freight locomotive of choice among UK freight operators, including Freightliner, GB Railfreight, Direct Rail Services and EWS, mainly for freight operations but also with some charter passenger services on their roster. Their popularity has also seen variations of the Class 66 enter service for European operators as a result of their versatility.
The Freightliner Class 66 V2.0 for Train Simulator is a re-worked model of a previous version, with an updated and improved interior and re-modelled exterior. Available in Freightliner livery, the model features accurate brake control and centre-sprung brake lever, accurate engine and horn sounds, FEA-B Spline and KTA Pocket intermodal container wagons. Scenarios specifically for the Edinburgh-Glasgow route are also included.
The Edinburgh-Glasgow Add-On (available separately) is required to play the scenarios included with this Add-On.Scenarios
Three scenarios for the Edinburgh-Glasgow route:
- Cadder Misty Morning
- Intermodal Run Around
- Keeping out of the Rush
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- Re-worked Class 66 in Freightliner livery
- Improved cab interior
- New exterior
- Accurate brake control and centre-sprung brake lever
- Accurate engine and horn sounds
- FEA-B Spline intermodal wagons
- KTA Pocket container wagons
- Scenarios for the Edinburgh-Glasgow route
- Quick Drive compatible
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos