About This Content
One of the world’s most famous locomotives, the Flying Scotsman, is now here for Train Simulator in a new LNER black livery.
The Gresley-designed Flying Scotsman has become an icon of British steam, hauling the first non-stop Flying Scotsman train service from London to Edinburgh in 1928 and breaking records ever since. Entering service almost 90 years ago and still running today, the Flying Scotsman has been a renowned record breaker in its lifetime, including being the first steam locomotive to officially exceed 100mph.
Earlier this year, the custodians of the Flying Scotsman, the National Railway Museum, painted the famous locomotive in LNER black for its unveiling to the public following lengthy restoration, the same livery as the locomotive carried in 1946. It was intended to only wear the black livery until the end of its speed and main line trials before being repainted back into the more well-known LNER Apple Green.
The LNER Black Flying Scotsman for Train Simulator carries the running numbers 103 and 502, a different running number for each side of the cab, as depicted by the NRM and recreated in Train Simulator. Scenarios for the London-Brighton route and BR Mk1 maroon coaches are also included.
The London-Brighton Add-On (available separately) is required to play the scenarios included with this Add-On.Scenarios
Three scenarios for the London-Brighton route:
- The Black Flying Scotsman
- Black Ice
- Seaside Tour
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.key Features
- Class A3 ‘Flying Scotsman’ in LNER Black livery
- Scenarios for the London-Brighton route
- BR Mk1 maroon coaches
- Quick Drive compatible
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos