About This Content
Built by General Motors Electro-Motive Division, the F59PHI is most commonly used on passenger trains throughout North America. Most significantly, it was also the first train to meet California’s strict emission standards, a feature that has seen its use across North America.
Entering service in 1994, and continuing to be constructed for the next seven years, the F59PHI – successor to the F59PH – was fitted with a turbocharged 3,200hp, EMD 12-710E3 prime mover, giving a top speed of 110mph (177 km/h) with standard gearing.
The San Diego Commuter Rail F59PHI features an independent locomotive brake, cab lights, parking brake, engine start/stop procedure, Cab Control Car and passenger cars.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the San Diego Commuter Rail F59PHI on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Pacific Surfliner®: LA-San Diego route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Four scenarios for the Pacific Surfliner®: LA-San Diego route:
- Training: F59PHI – Simple Controls
- Training: F59PHI – Expert Controls
- Evening Commute: Service 661
- Troublesome Trip
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- San Diego Commuter Rail F59PHI
- Independent locomotive brake
- Cab lights
- Parking brake
- Engine start/stop procedure
- Cab Control Car
- Passenger cars
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Pacific Surfliner®: LA-San Diego route
- Download size: 470mb
- OS: Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos