About This Content
The Class 101 was one of the largest classes of first generation Diesel Multiple Units on the British railway network, and you can now experience this DMU for Train Simulator, upgraded from a previous Class 101 pack and in the striking Strathclyde Passenger Transport (SPT) livery.
Built by Metro-Cammell Works in Birmingham from 1956, the Class 101 was made up from a number of sub-classes, making them the most numerous and possibly most successful and well known of first generation DMUs. Sets were supplied in two, three and four car sets, depending on the service they were intended for, and passenger accommodation was provided in first and standard class configuration.
With more than 500 units built, the Class 101 could be seen on routes across the country and saw service many years into the privatisation of Britain’s railways. The final five units survived 47 years of service, finally being withdrawn on 24 December 2003, but thanks to their longevity many units have been preserved on the country’s heritage railways.
Re-skinned and upgraded from an earlier Class 101 pack, the Class 101 for Train Simulator is available in Strathclyde Passenger Transport (SPT) black and orange livery, the first such time the distinctive livery has appeared on any Train Simulator model. Features include manual gear change control, fully detailed cab and control panel, in-cab lighting and an upgrade to TSX standard features. Also included are a number of exciting scenarios for the West Coast Main Line.
The West Coast Main Line Add-On (available separately) is required to play the scenarios included with this Add-On.Scenarios
Three scenarios for the West Coast Main Line route:
- Gearing Up
- Slip and Slide
- Strathclyde Showers
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- Class 101 in Strathclyde Passenger Transport orange and black livery
- DMCL, DMBS, DMSL, TCL, TSL and TBSL rail vehicles
- Manual gear change control
- Fully detailed cab and control panel including instrument backlighting
- Upgraded TSX effects
- Scenarios for the West Coast Main Line
- Quick Drive compatible
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos