About This Software
(C-PTSD & ADHD developer – I might run late on updates regularly and want to apologize in advance. I try to work on VOTC whenever I can!)Voice of the Citizens
Voice of the Citizens was originally created for StarCitizen but can be used for literally any game on Windows. While I have provided support and game profiles for as many games as one person could, I have not been able to get around every game available. However, VOTC implements the Steam Workshop where anyone, you included, can upload and share scripts with every other user!
I’ve quickly realized that VOTC will not be as userfriendly as for example Voice Attack, so my goal shifted: VOTC isn’t built for end-users although tech savvy people can easily get started in using it, instead I’ve decided to publish VOTC as an additional layer of abstraction on top of the RealSense SDK providing a easier to use API for everyone to use with the main focus on interfacing between RealSense and Games/Applications in an environment that promotes user interaction. In my opinion that benefits all parties equally well.
Please note that I am currently re-designing the GUI.WINDOWS 10 READY
VOTC Requires at least Windows 8.1 but highly recommends Windows 10 as it was developed and tested on Windows 10.Creating Scripts
VOTC gives you the ability to write scripts in any .NET language!. You have full access to every single feature including libraries, however if your script attempts to use Sockets/Listeners your script will be flagged for administrator review until it has been confirmed that the script does nothing malicious. Safety first, m’kay?
You can find samples and tutorials on the workshop page!Features
- Control any game/app with your voice – as long as there is a script for the game (feel free to make one!)
- Built-in media player (Others like Online Radio, Spotify, SoundCloud,.. as script on the workshop)
- In-game overlay with FPS (frames per second) counter with the ability to take screenshots
- Facebook & Twitter integration
- Script Workshop – Download scripts or upload your own
- Emotion Recognition
- Utilizes Intel RealSense speech recognizer (by Nuance) for outstanding accuracy
- Supports various languages, not limited to the language set on your computer
- Hardware Sensors – check your CPU & GPU temperatures and more
Some reviews from my testers:
I have been using VOTC since the first day, I have never experienced such a great application like this, it makes everything easier, from managing your music with your voice to hunting your enemies in games. I highly recommend VOTC for everyone!
VOTC is simply incredible. It’s speech recognition is so good that with some scripts I can almost play entire games with no hands. Now THAT is cool.
and of course, credit where credit is due:
The Star Citizen Facebook Group who helped me test it from day 1. I’ve met some amazing people there and made many new friends. Hell, they even came up with the name 😛Stay in touch
- OS: Windows 8.1
- Processor: Quad Core CPU
- Memory: 128 MB RAM
- Graphics: 64 MB
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Proper Microphone required, Webcam optional. Intel RealSense 3D camera’s supported!