War of the Roses is a team based third person action game set in 15th century England. Two rival branches of the Royal House of Plantagenet – the house of Lancaster (the reds) and the house of York (the whites) – fight over the throne, and the player is thrown into the fray.
The years of 1455-1485 in England are an extraordinary setting filled with conflict, treachery and bloodshed. In the wake of the “death of chivalry” at Agincourt in 1415 and the introduction of gunpowder, warfare changed – the gloves came off, so to speak. The old and the new clashed on the battlefield while personal vendettas motivated the desire for war.
War of The Roses sees players go toe-to-toe with their opponents using authentic and visceral weapons of the time period including broad swords, long bows and battle-axes.Key Features:
- Four Ways To Play – Play as a Footman, Gaurdsman, Longbowman, or Footknight allowing you to explore the various combat options that fight your expertise best.
- Mass Devastation – Up to 64 player competition in both Team Death Match and Conquest modes. Battle online through 11 historically inspired war zones as you experience the conflict between Lancaster & York first hand.
- Rank Up and Earn Coins Through Battle – gain experience and coins as you battle your way through your prowess on the fields of battle.
- OS:Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Processor:Dual Core 2.4GHz processor
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Graphics:Shader 4.0 compatible card (minimum: Nvidia GeForce 9800, AMD Radeon 4830)
- Hard Drive:8 GB HD space
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Onboard Video Card: Not Supported