About This Content
Derived from "Sturzkampfflugzeug", the German word for dive-bomber, the term ‘Stuka’ came to be widely associated with the Junker Ju87. The aircraft was easily recognisable by its inverted gull wings, fixed spatted undercarriage and its infamous Jericho-Trompete ("Jericho Trumpet") wailing siren.
The Stuka first flew in 1935 and made its combat debut in 1936 during the Spanish Civil War. Although sturdy, accurate, and very effective against ground targets, the Ju 87 was vulnerable to modern fighter aircraft, and by the end of the conflict, the Stuka had been largely replaced but was still in use until the last days of the war. An estimated 6,500 Ju 87s of all versions were built between 1936 and 1944.
Two versions of the Stuka are included in Military Visualization’s Junker Ju87 add-on: The D.5, a typical long wing Stuka dive bomber capable of carrying four 100kg bombs and one 500Kg bomb, and the anti-tank G.2, equipped with two 37 mm (1.46 in) Flak 18 cannons mounted on under-wing gun pods, each loaded with two six-round magazines of armour-piercing tungsten carbide-cored ammunition.
Completed with high-definition textures inside and out, high quality sound set and professionally coded flight dynamics, the Ju87 D.5/G.2 Stuka is a must-have for any vintage or WWII aircraft enthusiast!Features
- Realistic flight dynamics
- Realistic startup and shutdowns
- Realistic systems and period avionics
- Custom realistic night lighting, landing lights and custom effects.
- Several high quality liveries included
- High quality sound set
- Custom 3D gauges
- High quality external model
- Highly detailed product manual included
Please note, the .dll files included in this add-on may be misidentified as a threat by some anti-virus systems. If you experience any problems, please adjust your AV settings to allow installation.
- OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz or higher (single core)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX®9 compliant video card or greater, 256 MB video RAM or higher, Shader Model 1.1 or higher (Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection required for multiplayer features