About This Content
The demise of steam traction in North America during the 1940s saw the birth of the hard-working GE 44 Tonner switcher, now available for Train Simulator in the livery of Boston & Maine, one of the most dominant railroads of the northern New England region.
On the eve of World War II, steam in North America began to be replaced by diesel traction, and a number of switchers were introduced by GE Transportation Systems for industrial and light duties. More than 380 locomotives were produced between 1940 and 1956, with different variants produced for the US Armed Forces, Indian Government and the Caminhos de Ferro Portugueses.
The GE 44 Tonner for Train Simulator, developed by DigitalTrainModel, is available in Boston & Maine livery and features opening cab doors and windows, and interior and gauge lighting. The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the GE 44 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for Portland Terminal (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Four scenarios for Portland Terminal:
- First Aid!
- Here Comes the Storm
- Steel Wanted
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- GE 44 Tonner in Boston & Maine livery
- Opening cab doors and windows
- Interior and gauge lighting
- Scenarios for Portland Terminal
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 99mb
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos