About This Content
Once a very familiar sight across the railways of southern England, the 4CIG electric multiple unit is a classic example of the heritage ‘slam-door’ passenger trains which once formed the backbone of southern passenger services.
Extensive 3rd-rail electrification of the Southern Region led to the widespread adoption of these practical EMUs, and the 4CIG (British Rail Class 421) was initially introduced on the London-Brighton Line before being pressed into service on the Portsmouth Direct Line between London Waterloo and Portsmouth Harbour.
The 4CIG units received a facelift in the late 1980s, and were eventually withdrawn from mainline passenger service in the early 2000s.Scenarios
Five scenarios for the Portsmouth Direct Line Add-On:
- Southern Electric
- City Limited
- Slammed Doors
- Battle of Havant
- Guildford 70C
PLEASE NOTE that you will need the Portsmouth Direct Line Add-On in order to play the scenarios included with the 4CIG Add-On.
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos