About This Content
The S-Bahn routes of Hanover are regularly served by the Class 424 electric multiple unit and are an ideal commuter train to accommodate the high volume of commuters passing through the City.
Constructed from 1998 onwards, the Class 424 is similar in appearance to the DB Class 425 and 423 trainsets, but are better suited to the low platforms on the Hanover network with their comparatively low floor height.
In total 40 units have been built by Adtranz/Bombardier and Siemens, and many units carry the names of towns and cities on the Hanover S-Bahn network.
The Class 424 for Train Simulator is available in Deutsche Bahn’s distinctive red and white livery and features a SIFA driver vigilance device, LZB and PZB90 cab signalling.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the DB Class 424 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Hamburg-Hanover route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).scenarios
Three scenarios for the Hamburg-Hanover route:
- 424 Driver Training
- S5 Replacement to the Airport
- Nightly Airport Shuttle
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.key Features
- Class 424 In Deutsche Bahn Livery
- SIFA Driver Vigilance Device
- LZB and PZB90 Cab Signalling
- Quick Drive Compatible
- Scenarios For the Hamburg-Hanover Route
- Download Size: 67mb
- OS: Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos