About This Content
The Hunslet LNER/BR J94 saddle tank from Meshtools is now available for Train Simulator with exciting new scenarios specially created for the Woodhead Line.
The J94 originally entered service in 1937 as the Hunslet Class 50550. At the outbreak of World War II, the War Department amended the design to allow for speedier and cheaper production of this general purpose 0-6-0 saddle tank, and the Hunslet Austerity tank was born. A preferred locomotive for shunting yards and around shipyards and docks, the J94 was an agile locomotive thanks to its short wheelbase and efficient hauling capacity.
After the War, 75 J94s were transferred to the London & North Eastern Railway (LNER) and subsequently to British Railways, and incredibly the Class continued in production for the National Coal Board almost until the end of British main line steam in the late 1960s.
The LNER/BR J94 with scenarios for the Woodhead Line is available for Train Simulator with two liveries – LNER black and early BR black – and includes two versions of the locomotive – a standard version which can be driven with simple controls using the in-game HUD and an advanced version with accurate steam controls requiring manual operation of the in-cab controls.
The Woodhead Line Add-On (available separately) is required to play the scenarios included with this Add-On.Scenarios
Five scenarios for the Woodhead Line route:
- 30 Wagons
- Coal Run
- Shunting Duties, Part 1
- Shunting Duties, Part 2
- Guard Van Tour
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!Key Features
- LNER/BR J94 in LNER black livery and early BR black livery
- Standard driving version and advanced driving version
- Accurate in-cab steam controls
- Quick Drive compatible
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos