About This Content
This DLC is only available to purchase in the USA.
Spectacular scenery and large sweeping curves through the Rocky Mountains are just some of the features of Marias Pass, available now for Train Simulator.
The 152 mile Montana route was first charted by the then principal engineer of the Great Northern Railway, John Frank Stevens, in December 1889. It proved to be an ideal route for a railroad with its wide valley and gentle gradient, meaning it would not require extensive excavation and multiple locomotives would not be required to haul freight up its incline.
The Pass reaches more than 5,200 feet (1,580 metres) at its summit and forms the southern edge of the Continental Ranges, a major grouping of the Rocky Mountains. Starting out at Shelby, the route winds up and through the flat farmland and open plains before heading into the mountain range through narrow canyons and vast pine forests alongside the Flathead River. Passing through Cut Bank and Browning, the route reaches the summit just after Marias, before descending through Essex and Columbia Falls to Whitefish.
The route is famous for its spectacular bridges, and these are accurately depicted alongside other features including mountain snow sheds, the silo ‘Dalek’ at Browning, Belton Lake, the concrete Penguin at Cut Bank, a large marshalling yard at Whitefish, industrial facilities throughout the route and the 13 mile branch line to Kalispell.
Also included with the route is a GE ES44 DC locomotive in BNSF heritage livery and a Burlington Northern EMD SW1500 switcher, along with new BNSF 50ft box cars and lumber cars, and several reworked freight cars in BNSF and BN livery.
Marias Pass is a stunning Montana route through some of the most picturesque mountainous settings with its unique challenges of driving long, heavy freight trains up and down the wide valleys and gentle gradients.Scenarios
Eight scenarios for the route:
- Engineer Training Advanced
- Engineer Training Basics
- Blackfoot or Bust
- Cold Meat
- I’m a Lumberjack….
- Shelby Grain Assembly
- Wood from Kalispell
- Hauling the Harvest Grain
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- Full 152 mile Marias Pass route from Shelby to Whitefish
- 13 mile branch line to Kalispell
- Spectacular mountainous scenery, bridges, pine forests, snow sheds, silo ‘Dalek’ and Cut Bank Penguin
- Multi-aspect and junction colour light signalling
- GE ES44DC in BNSF livery and EMD SW1500 Switcher in BN livery
- New 50ft box car and lumbar car in BNSF livery
- Several reworked freight cars in BNSF and BN liveries
- Scenarios for the route
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 1,500mb
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos