About This Content
The popular EMD SD45 is now available for Train Simulator in three recognisable liveries of the Norfolk Southern Railway.
Built between 1965 and 1971, the EMD SD45 was most at home hauling high-speed freight and intermodal services, although could occasionally be seen at the head of some passenger services. More than 1,200 models were built and operated services for a number of US railroads, although their reliability issues make them a rare sight today.
Norfolk Southern’s predecessor railroads date back more than 100 years, with Norfolk & Western being formed in 1881 and the Southern Railway System forming in 1894. Norfolk Southern was created in 1982 from the merger of Southern and Norfolk & Western, with the headquarters of this new company established in Norfolk, Virginia.
The EMD SD45 for Train Simulator, developed by DigitalTrainModel, is available in Norfolk Southern, Southern and Norfolk & Western liveries, and features five new freight wagons, including Airslide Hoppers, 50ft Boxcars, 52ft Gondolas with three loads, and Caboose. A feature of the Norfolk & Western EMD SD45 are fully functioning dual controls, which allow the driver to operate the locomotive in either ‘long hood’ direction or ‘short hood’ direction.
The locomotives are also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Norfolk Southern SD45 High Hoods on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Horseshoe Curve route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Four scenarios for the Horseshoe Curve route:
- Nap time
- Turn in Slope
- Lost among wagons
- Too much rain and very few wagons
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- EMD SD45 in Norfolk Southern, Southern and Norfolk & Western liveries
- High hood variants
- Fully functioning dual controls in the Norfolk & Western liveried EMD SD45
- New freight wagons, including Airslide Hoppers, 50ft Boxcars, 52ft Gondolas with three loads, and Caboose
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Horseshoe Curve route
- Download size: 654mb
- OS: Windows Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible