About This Content
The heavy haulage turbo charged PRR Alco RS-11 road switcher is now available for Train Simulator.
Built between 1956 and 1964, the RS-11 was Alco’s answer to the EMD GP9 and was fitted with a turbo charger and had a heavy pulling power of 1,800hp, making it an ideal heavy freighter but also saw some passenger service in its lifetime. In total, 425 units were built, primarily for the American and Mexican market, and some can still be found on US railroads today.
The Alco RS-11 for Train Simulator, developed by virtualRailroads, is available in Pennsylvania Railroad livery and features fully detailed and working cab, dynamic braking capability and independent wiper control.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Alco RS-11 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the Horseshoe Curve (available separately and required to play these scenarios).Scenarios
Four scenarios for the Horseshoe Curve route:
- Evening Switcher
- Working in Altoona Yard
- Work on the Branch
- Cresson to Altoona
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- Alco RS-11 in Pennsylvania Railroad livery
- Quick Drive compatible
- Fully working and detailed cab interior
- Independent wiper control
- Dynamic locomotive braking
- Scenarios for the Horseshoe Curve route
- OS:Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos