About This Content
The Class 465 EMU is a popular sight across the south east of England on commuter services, and this modern four-car unit is now available for Train Simulator.
The Class 465 ‘Networker’ replaced the ageing Class 415 (4EPB) EMUs that were previously in service across the southern rail network. Construction of the units was split between three manufacturers, GEC Alsthom (Metro-Cammell) and BREL between 1991 and 1993, and ABB Rail between 1993 and 1994. Generally, the different manufacturers’ units were the same with some minor differences, which includes overhead air vents, external dot matrix displays and different traction motors.
The Networkers entered service in 1992 and were operated by British Railways until 1997, transferring to Connex, South Eastern Train and latterly to Southeastern as privatisation of Britain’s railways developed. In total, 147 four-car trainsets were built, and can today be seen on suburban routes serving the south east of England.
The Class 465/2 for Train Simulator is available in Southeastern yellow/grey livery and features passenger view and driver reminder appliance (DRA).
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Class 465 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the London-Faversham High Speed (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
The Class 465/2 is officially licensed by Southeastern.Scenarios
Three scenarios for the London-Faversham High Speed route:
- Class 465: Driver Training
- Class 465: Journey Through The Mists
- Class 465: Networker Blanket
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.Key Features
- Class 465/2 in Southeastern yellow/grey livery
- Quick Drive compatible
- Passenger view
- Driver reminder appliance (DVA)
- Scenarios for the London-Faversham High Speed route
- Download size: 94mb
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos