About This Content
The 4CIG is a classic ‘slam door’ electric multiple unit and is now available in Southern livery with scenarios for the London to Brighton Expansion Pack.
Introduced in 1964, the Class 421 4CIG (4-car Corridor Brighton stock) ran as a 4-car train comprising a driving trailer, motor coach, unpowered trailer coach and finally a driving trailer. It is a classic example of the ‘slam door’ EMUs which were once such a familiar sight across the rail networks of southern England. Extensive 3rd-rail electrification of the Southern Region led to the widespread adoption of these 90mph EMUs, and the 4CIG (British Rail Class 421) was initially introduced on the London-Brighton Line where its multiple doors enabled rapid turnaround of passengers at the many regular station stops .
The 4CIG units received a facelift in the late 1980s, and continued in mainline passenger service into the 21st Century!
PLEASE NOTE: the London to Brighton Expansion Pack (available separately) is required to play the scenarios included with this add-on. Includes
Class 421 4CIG electric multiple unit in Southern liveryScenarios
2 free roams and 4 scenarios for the London to Brighton Expansion Pack
- Gatwick to Brighton
- Capital Coast Express
- Home from the Seaside
- Night Rider
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos