About This Content
The London and North Eastern Railway’s mixed traffic Thompson B1 Class locomotive is now available for Train Simulator, and includes scenarios specially created for the popular Woodhead Line.
Designed by Edward Thompson, chief mechanical engineer for the LNER, the prototype for the new 4-6-0 ‘B Class’ (later classified as ‘B1 Class’) was the first two-cylinder main line locomotive built by the LNER. The B1 was designed for medium mixed traffic use but also had the requirement of being cheap to produce due to wartime and post-war economies. The B1s operated across the LNER network and more than 400 were built between 1942 and 1952. However, with the change in British Railways policies the Class was withdrawn in the 1960s, long before the end of its expected economic working life.
The Thompson B1 for Train Simulator is available in British Railway black livery with lion-and-wheel emblem. In game features include fully detailed and operational locomotive cab interior, spectacular Pennines scenery and the famous Woodhead Tunnel system.
The Woodhead Line Expansion Pack (available separately) is required to play the scenarios included with this add-on.Scenarios
Five scenarios for the Woodhead Line (also available on Steam).
- An Introduction to the Thompson B1
- Christmas Relief Special
- Hello Campers
- Marylebone Express
- Steam Freight Revival
- Thompson B1 steam locomotive in British Railways black livery with lion-and-wheel emblem
- Realistic cab interior with working gauges and firebox doors
- BR (Crimson) Mk1 coaches
- Quick Drive compatible
- OS:Windows® Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor:Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- Hard Drive:6 GB HD space
- Sound:Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
- Additional:Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos